Reflecting on my Summer as a PepsiCo Intern

This summer, I had the opportunity to serve as a Human Resources Business Partner Intern at PepsiCo. I supported the supply chain business function at the Frito-Lay manufacturing site in beautiful Rancho Cucamonga, CA--and I loved every second of it! 

I supported the sanitation department which sits at 65 team members strong. I also served as the HRBP for five undergraduate supply chain interns. 

I conducted 13+ investigations, joined the employee appreciation week committee, walked in the West Hollywood Pride parade with the EQUAL ERG, attended 5 round tables including an off shift, co-planned & executed a 2-day “As-One” intern event hosting 28 interns at my site, and transformed the New Employee Orientation (NEO) at my site to increase employee engagement through bringing Chester Cheetah to the site, creating employee testimonial videos to highlight career growth and opportunities at Frito-Lay, & preparing New Hire Tool Kits as well as increased managerial involvement for NEO through getting my site director’s buy-in for NEO to include a site director & department manager welcome. 

Lauren at her PepsiCo Internship

Most importantly, though, I made impactful relationships with the frontline and my team. I learned that there is no such thing as an easy job at PepsiCo, and it takes a village to get our delicious products from seed to shelf.

This internship has taught me that I thrive in fast-paced, client-facing environments. This opened my eyes to the world of field HR. I enjoy having to act quickly, adapting to change, and rolling with the punches as well as frequently interacting with others. My internship with PepsiCo has lit up a new-found passion for field HR in me that I never knew existed. 

At the end of my summer, I was offered a full-time role as a Human Resources Business Partner with PepsiCo. I am ecstatic to see where this journey takes me. In the meantime, I will continue to be better, faster, and stronger as I finish up my last semester here at THE Ohio State University.